Friday, November 2, 2007

Walk in the Park

Unrelated to events this past weekend, but more out of a grueling work schedule, I purchased a secondary crate for my (leftover) dog, Nelson. I was always having to rush home from work to let him out, and I'm so backed up at work right now it would be better if I could stay for longer hours. I figured Nelson doesn't know whether he's crated at home or in a car (windows down of course), so now I take him to work with me everyday. I can take him for a quick walk over lunch, at my 3:30 "don't give in to the chocolate urge" time, and any other time I just need to get up off my keester & get the blood moving.

Today we went across the highway to this little completely unknown place called STREAMWAY PARK. It has a perfect walking trail & the fall colors are at least mediocre enough to make a stroll feel a little more special than usual. So we walked. It was wonderful. He loved it & so did I.

But the coolest part of this whole rather pointless story is that I SMELLED THE CATERPILLARS. Do you know this smell? I remember it most from when I was little and completely blown away by the little things. When you actually picked them up & let them crawl all over your hands, turning & turning your wrist so the thing was always on top. But they smell! They have a smell, right? I'm not just imagining this? I'm fairly certain they do. I can't describe it... someone back me up here.

I never actually saw one:


But it was easy enough to imagine with this little dude around:


No comments: