Thursday, May 1, 2008

Garden, 4-13-08

Here are some pics from the garden on 4-13-08.

This is the part of the farm where we grow the garden. It's about 1 acre; the entire farm is about 100 acres. At this point, we've only planted about 1/8th of it -- but the rest will come when it's time for summer stuff to go out.

This is ARUGULA. Also pansies. I absolutely have to have flowers incorporated into the garden! It makes things look so much better, and it's great for motivation.



These two pics above are of some lettuce -- I believe this variety is buttercrunch.

I know this is bad, but I can't quite remember what this is -- I need my tags! I think it's either spinach or carrots. Believe it or not, they actually look a little similar coming up. Spinach starts really wispy like this, and then starts looking broader later.

These are peas! I love to watch them grow -- they get curly tendrils.

The garden & me.


Tory & his loyal following.

No comments: