Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tractor Time in the Garden

Pop called me yesterday to see if I wanted to try to get the rest of the garden in. I headed to Planter's Seed & Spice to get the rest of the seed we needed (mostly corn & beans), and made it out to the farm around 6pm. Late! Pop was working the garden (the part we hadn't yet planted) with the tractor. And guess what???????
I got to drive a tractor too!!!!! I had to follow along in another tractor with something called a harrow. I thought (with the way farmers talk & name things) that it would have been called a smoother, but it's not. It's a harrow. When Pop worked the ground, it got it all stirred up with ridges & valleys, so I went along afterwards and the harrow smoothed it all out. This is me on the Kubota!
Keep in mind, this was the second time in my life I've ever driven a tractor. I think I did okay, considering. But I did take out a couple of stakes (see below)....

This is what the dogs do while we plant garden. They just go crazy with each other.
This is Pop using our planter. It's a pretty sweet little contraption.

No comments: