Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Benefit for TLC

Some friends treated us & took us as guests to the annual fundraiser for TLC, an organization in KC that works with troubled kids & kids in foster care. I found out about this about 30 minutes before it started -- sweet! We were late, but it was fun. They raised a ton of money. I was so happy to see the free food as I have really hated cooking lately.

I got several compliments on my dress. I suppose they came out of the hypnosis that the concave pattern seemed to cause folks. It's one of those dresses I bought about 2 years ago thinking, "this would be really comfortable, especially if I were pregnant." Sure enough -- I was right. Only downside is that it really had to be worn with heels, which are never remotely comfortable while pregnant. At least not this late in the game.

Funniest moment of the night was when the stranger across the table started making small talk and asked me, "Do you know what you're having?" Tory reached & put his hand on my belly and responded, "We're having a basketball, can't you tell?" This was really funny for a few reasons. First was the obvious nature of the joke, yes, my belly looks quite like a basketball sometimes. Second was the fact that Tory does not make small talk, especially with people he does not know & will most likely never see again. Third was that he does not touch my belly in public (which I appreciate). All this summed to quite a funny moment, almost enough for me to accidentally wet myself. Almost.

No comments: