Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Masonic Stumper

The JB Big Band had a gig Sept. 20 in Columbia. The Masons (the Truman Club to be specific) invited us for the 3rd year in a row to play for their awards banquet. These folks are great -- they get super dressed up, seem very happy to be together, get a kick out of honoring each other -- AND they drink and dance, which usually means the most to me. The best audiences seem to always include those two activities.

It has taken me 3 years to finally figure out this phrase they always say in their awards presentations. I suppose I could have looked it up long ago, but I wasn't quite that intrigued. They use a title before each other's names that sounds like "Orsheln" or "Michelin", I just thought it was some weird ancient secret language I wasn't supposed to understand. And maybe they would even have me killed if I asked. I mean, they are all very nice, but I've watched the history channel specials on the Masons -- you don't mess around.

But I did figure it out this year. It is Right Worshipful Brother. What a mouthful -- say it fast and all together. Fun. Just take your gum out first, I don't want you to accidentally choke & die.

Here is a pic of me after the gig:






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gmn u ihm z xxx, franksxxxlinks. Pzf c, izr powusu|vdq kizzutm t mt ft.