Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Daisy

Tory really, really wanted a dog. A big dog. A dog to go to the farm with him everyday. While Nelson would love to step in and fill these shoes (paws), his terrier physique just doesn't do anything for Tory's lumberjack image. So Tory let Velda have another litter of puppies and brought one home a week or so ago.



Much to my amazement, he named her DAISY. To my further amazement, she's actually a pretty good dog and I kind of enjoy having her around. Here is a pic of us when I went out to the farm to meet her for the first time.


The funny thing is, in the morning when Tory is getting ready to go, Nelson won't leave his side. When he starts to put his boots on, Nelson starts running in circles. You can see the hope in his eyes -- "Please take me, please take me, please take me!" He loves going to the farm. And Daisy will find me and sit at my feet or follow me around, not wanting to leave. So then we have to separate & carry them to their respective places of employment: Nelson to the house, Daisy to the farm. Nelson has been spending everyday since Daisy came home in a sulk -- just waiting for the rest of the family to get home. Sadistic as it is, I find it hilarious.

No comments: