Monday, November 3, 2008

Bathtime

So far Hazel has had 3 baths. Fortunately, I'm way more talented at bathing myself than I am at bathing her, so I've had at least a few more than 3 in the past two weeks. But I won't say exactly how many.....

Our first bath was in a special baby bathing tub in the bathroom upstairs. Not so successful. Babies should come with a sign when they're born -- "VERY slippery when wet". I mean, I guess it was successful -- she got clean. But my back & my nerves said otherwise.

So the subsequent attempts have been the old fashioned way -- on a towell on the kitchen counter. MUCH better! Yes, she's making some unhappy faces, but they didn't last for long. For the most part, she was very okay with being bathed, and so was I.
Tomorrow is going to be our 4th. It was going to be today, but we just weren't up for it after our big day yesterday. I mean, how dirty can a baby get anyway? Her hair & face & rear do get washed multiple times per day. The face & rear for obvious reasons. The hair because otherwise it starts to look like Dapper Dan got ahold of it. Also because when I get it wet it curls up, and I love that!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

she is too precious! stick with the sink bathing until they can crawl out... it's soooooo much easier on you {and your back!} also depending on how big your special bathtub is you could just prop it up in the sink! if it is a stand alone and has a drain you can fill it and prop it up on the counter too! love the nakey booties.... too cute! and their fresh smell just after a bath! oohhhh i just miss that! love, jenn