Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Toys!


It appears that vision has progressed from a mere 8-12" to a bit more. I had been noticing how Hazel was starting to get the hang of tracking things, and she had started keeping her eyes open for longer periods at a time. And then I realized -- I didn't really have anything for her to look at! I had one toy, a mirror with stripes & patterns around it, that she loved, but that was pretty much it. I had pretty much maxed out on every baby-stuff category, except for toys.

So off we headed to Babies 'R Us with a great giftcard from one of Tory's drivers, Dwight. (Thank you Dwight!)

First on the list was a mobile. Not one of those ones that adults like, or one that matches the room -- an obnoxious looking one that she will really enjoy. We also got 4 other small toys, that's not too many, right? My favorite is a handpuppet that has a different farm animal on every finger. It's to use as a prop while singing Old MacDonald Had a Farm. I think that is going to be super fun, but I'm just cheesy like that. Hopefully Hazel got my cheesy gene & we can enjoy that stuff together.

No comments: